NFL.com DRAFT Profile: CLICK HERE
Goode started nine games as a redshirt freshman in 2017 (46 tackles, 5.5 for loss, one interception, three pass breakups) but missed the final three games of the year due to injury. Goode only started one game in 2018, making three tackles and intercepting a pass before a lower-body injury ended his season. He returned his two interceptions in 2017 and 2018 for scores. Goode started 12 of 13 games in 2019, however, and led Cal with 14 tackles for loss and 9.5 sacks among his 57 total tackles. Pac-12 coaches named him honorable mention all-conference for his efforts as a junior. In 2020, he tied for second in the FBS with two tackles for loss per game (eight total), led Cal with three sacks among his 19 stops, intercepted one pass and broke up two others in four starts. Goode was an honorable mention all-conference selection by Pac-12 coaches in 2021, topping the Bears with nine tackles for loss and 7.5 sacks among his 46 total tackles in 11 starts. Cameron’s father, James, played football at Oklahoma and was a fifth-round draft pick of the Atlanta Falcons in 1991. — by Chad Reuter
Long outside linebacker with agility and average athleticism in space. Goode takes on blocks with good leverage and is competent dropping to spots. His toughness is below average and he lacks precision and violence with his hands. Goode projects as a strong side linebacker and practice squad player who could even make a roster if he can carve out a role on special teams. He has the potential to develop into a backup and core special teamer.
NFL Draft Buzz
- Plays fast, flows with the action, showing smooth lateral agility and short-area burst. Has good instincts and awareness to quickly find the ball.
- Reads the quarterback to anticipate and is a candidate to play outside.
- Flashes strength to punch or stiff-arm to get off blocks. Stays with plays downfield, often making tackles even after being hit by multiple linemen.
- Has a filled-out frame with good thickness. Plays at full speed at all times with an active motor and determined quickness in pursuit.
- Downhill defender and physical tackler. Uses his eyes to decipher and break down the play, showing good awareness and discipline to sniff out fakes.
- Has lean limbs and needs to get stronger and add bulk to his frame.
- Plays upright. Ducks his head and fails to wrap up at times. Inconsistent in giving full effort to be the second man in on the play. Must learn to use hands to beat blocks.
- Lacks elite quickness and change-of-direction ability to handle NFL slot receivers after initial contact.
- Doesn’t have enough speed, power or bulk to fit any LB position perfectly in the NFL.
- Hits up high and misses more tackles than he should.
Cameron Goode was drafted with pick 224 of round 7 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.45 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 133 out of 2419 LB from 1987 to 2022.
Mike, you forgot to mention Cameron Goode’s RAS scores and 2022 Pro Day performance, which was even better than his RAS Scores:
Cameron Goode recorded a 4.58-second 40-yard dash, 39-inch vertical jump, 6.91-second 3-cone drill, and 4.29-second 20-yard shuttle at his Pro Day. Plus 34.625 inch arms!